Since this days seems full of 90s references, i want share an idea for The Matrix. I love that world and i want so much more stuff about it.
And a TV in my opinion could awsome.
Here some ideas how i would it.
- Set before first movie. Like 5-10 years befofe. Matrix setting should look like late 80s/early 90s
- Some episodes should take some Animatrix style
- No too much references to the movies. Characters and stories should be completly different.
- Rebels should look like hopeless losers.
- The story should tease stuff from Matrix Online about programs, Red Pills, etc.
- The Real World/Zion should have problems important enough to make other characters dont care about what protagonists could discovers in the Matrix (about programs) in order to do not interfere with trilogy story.
- a lot of fights with programs. No too much fights with agents. They should end with a death. Always.
- The Matrix is green. Real world is blue. Everything is dark and cloudy noir like.
- Real world CGI is always better than Matrix CGI.
- There should be more agents but shouldn't be teased too much in order to make them look OP. I think its better a bureau of humans as villain: they could be created to look for "terrorists". Obviously they shouldn't know anything. They just cooperate with agents.
- I want see hidden places keymaker was talking about
- Also flashback about Matrix alpha and Matrix beta could be great to see.
- and more unknow places of the real world or scenes from point of view of machine are stuff to add to the wishlist.
- IMHO Tarantino references are welcomed
- Since real world is so much alien/terminator themed, im not against gore or horror scenes
- I dont like LGBT stuff when not needed but...Matrix need them.
- I dont need previous actors and previous characters...but i could appreciate something about secondary characters like Switch, Apoc and Mouse, before join Nabucodonozor.
- People should die easly
- "There are levels of survivals we are prepared to accept" are they go in the space? Maybe they found more tech and resources. Its stuff a series should tease or suggest.
- No too much philosophy.
one or two episodes per season about thoughs cpuld be good enough for this...maybe during some detective stuff.